Friday, July 26, 2024

The Last few Whispers

 

 

 

I sit and watch. Cadence or tsunami. Both it would appear.

So great the power of a tear: God’s violin.

Such an onslaught. 

Dealing with rupture—those months waiting upon concentration.

Literature as arcane, eyes kneading nouns. 

I’d tell a tale, so unbelievable: a few are succinct. 

I was unspoken, plus, I spoke, life is subjective: 

living by sprouts, berries, with weather impending.

I was remembering you: education and caliber; presence and neatness. I was with sunlight, befuddled by rain, over 90 degrees of radiance.

Those faces made by stone: 

often a person is self until it aches. Often wings give in mid-motion. 

The amazement of the umbrella, to stand under fog … to witness a slant, a wheezing smile, gasping for air. 

Too tall to intimidate; too bright to go dim. Such straw and effort. Such mortar and reality. Such years and precision. 

(I would reminisce upon a feeling when sitting and watching.)   

In Exchange for Enlightenment

  We need extraordinary verses.  Trying to keep up with it. Gelid miles,  cogent walls. A fever at times, said  distant at moments. So much ...