Tuesday, June 18, 2024

Pacifying Death

 

 

 

Pacifying Death

 

I was asked about death. My culture needed an answer. I removed myself. I felt too grown. Death is an answer to a longer question. Death is crucial, evident in each life. Death is plurality. I dipped it. I tugged it. I looked around at death. Nothing satisfies death. We drew a circle, conjured up a pentagram, determined to sweat, to make motion, to pacify death. I dipped it. the valve was empty. I saw feelings, they drew measures, the Ghost showed up. I was the medium. Nothing is enough for death. It keeps pushing. It has a radical appetite. I tugged it: many dimensions, still floating.   

Truth

  The artist has gone to a space. To listen to her song stirs spirits. A man of virtue, a woman with pride, shall die in this song:  Truth I...