Wednesday, March 13, 2024

A Saga Contains a Life

 

 

One story for a man’s life. The aftermath shall attest to his worth.  

Stain glass reflectors; the world living in spaces, entirely consumed.

Adaptation: with or without participation. 

Relooking at mirrors, same sights. (We would placate each other. People live that way.)

Porcelain sinks: visible darkness. In those shadows sits a ventriloquist: so much an appetite for stressors. 

 

Trying. I’d suppose. Maybe not hard enough. It all looks similar. I do know: “We’re all trying.” 

I see sharks and remoras. I see lions and cheetahs. 

They haven’t been faced by it; they haven’t experienced it: “Maybe they have. Maybe it was overwhelming.” 

 

Most of us took a longer road, followed an inner map, died and returned a little lethal. Interior crucifixion, reaching for an Ideal, needing to believe in something beautiful. 

 

To listen to it is surprising. It always shocks me. I couldn’t do a person that way. This is what’s gorgeous about humans, a compass, looking to do right. To look at a person. To know one would die before hurting the Ideal. It remains an Ideal.

 

One story for a man’s life. What did he accomplish? How many kids? How many wives? How much money? 

 

What did he attribute to the zeitgeist? How many loved him?  

I’d Save The Reader Years

    The beat becomes sickness. A long crucible—a drilling ecstasy. I was losing focus, feeling forbidden, if to self, if to mirrors. So curs...